<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Please Save Me, IEEE 802.16!

I'm getting really fed up with the Internet access restrictions in place at my current employer. They block personal email, so I either have to use work email to communicate with friends, not communicate with the outside world during work hours, or use a blackberry.

All of those options have massive shortcomings. Using work email is a non-starter, because then you switch jobs and people spend the next 7 years sending messages to your old, dead, account. Using a blackberry is ok, but it's a pain, and people spend all day sending you links or images that you can't see without jumping through hoops.

They also block instant messaging. Now they are blocking Facebook as well. Come on, shitfucks, it's 2008 already! This stuff is not controversial anymore. IM and social networking tools are becoming more and more necessary, especially for the younger employees.

Obviously the solution is resignation, but in the interim before I can make that happen, where is this WiMax I've been hearing so much about? I want to be able to just set up an old laptop to use with external communication. Of course, the minute I did that, they'd probably move me into a Farady cage.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?