<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I saw Al Gore on 60 Minutes recently. He stated that people who don't believe global warming are like those who believe the moon landing was staged in a studio, or that the Earth is flat. I'm not sure how Gore's expertise in being a sore loser, or in powerpoint, translate to weather prognostication, but I don't want to be a Luddite, so I'm going to accept his claim that the temperature of the Earth increasing is something to be avoided at all costs (and I do mean, all costs).

Of course, not too long ago when many of these scientists thought the Earth was cooling, this was also seen as a calamity. Crop yields would decline -- starving millions, lower temperatures would kill off many species, and Greenland would expand, become influential, and probably demand a seat on the UN Security Council.

So I would like to congratulate everyone for living at a time when the Earth is at the EXACT RIGHT TEMPERATURE. After millions of years of dramatic swings and changes in climate, we have finally zeroed in on the perfect environment. I urge everyone to enjoy it while it lasts though, because Al Gore tells me there is no upside to the additional .5 degrees we might experience in the next 75 years.

And for those of you in my readership who are in the investment community, now is the time to be long Hawaiian Tropic (sunscreen, zone, and calendar).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?