<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 05, 2007

Venture Capitalist On A Date

She was a nice girl, but I could tell within a few minutes of meeting her that it wasn’t going to work out. She was a restaurant waitress, which is outside of my industry focus. Also, at 34 years old, I would really have to stretch to make it work for an opportunity that late-stage. But the real deal-breaker was her apartment in Brooklyn. A commute like that would make it difficult for me to regularly add value, which is the reason for my strict geographical focus.

I guess it’s OK though, because a recently written off long-term investment has left me with little dry powder, and it’s going to take a few months of drinking with my LP’s for me to be in a position to seriously consider new deals.

I know in my heart that I should’ve called her back with a quick explanation, but I’m a busy guy – and besides, what happens if she gets hotter?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?