<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 19, 2005

The events of last weekend reminded me of why we used to call one of our friends, Rob Deer. For those of you who have never heard of Rob Deer, he was a baseball player (briefly in Detroit) who swung for the fences on every at bat. He ended up hitting quite a few home runs, but only because he took a huge cut at every garbage pitch that was thrown at him.

Anyway, our friend, who for anonymity I will refer to as Kirk A, apparently got a hold of a fat pitch this weekend.

And I got to thinking, have I been fair to Rob Deer this whole time? So I took the list of top 50 career strikeouts leaders and divided their home runs by their strikeouts. Guess your answer for the worst HR to SO ratio of the top 50 (min 1419 SO's) and post to the comments.

FYI - Rob Deer is 54th on the career strikeout list, so he didn't make the cut, but if he was in the list he would have the 9th worst ratio.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?