<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 11, 2005

It's been brought to my attention that some people do not know the list of acceptable animals for turning into burgers. I became aware of this when two friends came to me to settle a dispute whether turkey was on the approved list.

I responded that burgers are ground up cow. Turkey can be substituted for cow on the fourth Thursday in November only.

Of course, the smart-ass turkey lover asks, "So Bison is no good?"

I hadn't realized we were playing lawyer-ball. In my original answer, I was using "cow" colloquially to refer to any bovine mammal (subfamily Bovinae). So in case it ever comes up, aside from domestic cattle, other acceptable burger sources include, but are not limited to, Yak, Gaur, Auroch (extinct), Anoa (lowland, mountain), Buffalo (American, water) -- and if you're in Africa -- Nyala and Kudu.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?