<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 23, 2004

You would think I work at the Pentagon. Here is a list of the steps to get to my desk at the office.

0) Enter building.
1) Go to side to get briefcase x-rayed.
2) Show ID card to guard on main floor.
3) Take stairs/escalator/elevator to second fl lobby.
4) Show ID to guard, swipe to get into elevator bank.
5) Take another elevator to my floor.
6) Swipe ID card at the entrance to the floor.
7) Try to sneak past boss since I'm late.

Oh, and if I want to get water or coffee, the fastest way requires swiping my card again. But what I really don't understand is the x-ray machine. Anything a bad person can bring in a briefcase he can also just carry under his winter jacket, which would require no scan or metal detector. I would x-ray the bags on the way out of the building.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?