<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

By now you've probably all heard of the term MILF. I'd like to talk about a different term, MILP. It's a Mom I'd Like to Punch. There was one such mom sitting next to me on the subway this morning, reading her daughter a familiar children's book. At least I thought it was a familiar book, until I started paying attention and realized it was called, The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig.

I assume this MILP has the best intentions. Probably something like teaching her daughter that it's not the wolves or the pig that are inherently bad, but their actions which make them so. Therefore we shouldn't judge people based on who they are, but on what they do. I'm glad to hear she's so open minded, because a friend of mine has a ranch* with many wolves, and we could arrange for her little daughter to have a playdate with some of them. Hey, not all wolves are bad, so who is she to pre-judge that these ones will harm her daughter?

It's not that I want to roll back** all the strides we've made in political correctness, equality, and diversity, it's just that I think they should be infused with a healthy dose of reality. Sometimes things (like wolves) are actually inherently bad (in an anthropomorphic way, since we can't really call animals doing what they're supposed to do, bad).

Well you get the idea. Right before my stop I asked her*** if she's going to get the sequel of that book. It's called The Two Little Airliners and the Big Bad Trade Centers that Got In Their Way.

* I have no such friend.
** Actually I do.
*** I actually said nothing.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?